Historic Sexual Abuse CasesMeet the team
Legal officials reserve the right to indefinitely extend the period of time during which cases involving sexual offences may be taken to court, depending on the severity of any potential charges involved.
If the victim of any sexual assault or abuse was under eighteen years old at the time the offence allegedly occurred, there will be no time limit put into effect at all until they reach their eighteenth birthday.
The DPP Law sexual offences team specialise in historic sexual abuse cases. We will help you build your defence against allegations of sexual abuse, we will do our very best to ensure that justice is correctly upheld.
While it may be difficult to get hold of evidence from many years ago that will help to prove your innocence, anything you can provide – from train tickets proving you weren’t in the area, to photographs, to witness statements – can help us to clear your name.
Historic sexual assault sentencing can extend to life in prison depending on the severity of the case.
If you’ve been accused of historical sexual abuse, the allegations may relate to any form of sexual offence, including:
- Indecent assault
- Indecent exposure
- Creating or distributing indecent images
- Child sexual abuse
DPP Law have successfully defended clients who have found themselves accused of abuse a long time after the date of the purported transgression, and understand that:
- Any claims made in relation to this offence will still be taken seriously even after a substantial passage of time.
- The sentence that may potentially be handed down could extend to life in prison.
- Any individual found guilty will be sentenced according to the regime currently in place, not that which was observed at the time of the alleged incident, if there is any difference between the two.
When you choose DPP Law for legal assistance and representation, you will be assured:
- Guaranteed confidentiality at all times
- A comprehensive check of forensics and evidence records
- Sensitive expert advice – first consultation FREE
However long ago the incident or incidents allegedly took place, an accusation of sexual abuse can prove extremely damning – both in a legal sense and with regards to your reputation and relationships. DPP Law can help. Get in touch with us today to discuss your case and your options.