Seeking a Discharge MEET THE TEAM

  • Seeking a Discharge

    Being you are discharged from the Mental Health Act is not the same as being discharged from hospital. Even if you are not under section anymore, you might agree to stay in hospital as a voluntary patient as ‘an informal patient’. There are a number of ways in which you can be discharged from a section, it simply expires and is not renewed, the professional in charge of your care discharges you, your nearest relative discharges you, the Mental Health Act Managers discharges you or a tribunal discharges you.

    Whatever the circumstances it is important that someone experienced with the legal requirements of the Mental Health Act can help you to get the best outcome for your circumstances. Our specialist Mental Health Solicitors can help you and your family understand the steps involved.

Talk to us