EEA Applications MEET THE TEAM

  • What is an EEA Family Permit?

    An EEA family permit is another form of 'entry clearance' to the UK. It is for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are family members of EEA nationals. A non-EEA family member of a British citizen living abroad can apply for an EEA family permit to join the British citizen in the UK. You should apply for entry clearance through the British authorities in your home country before travelling to the UK. If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with, an EU citizen then you are eligible to apply for an EEA Family Permit in the UK as well. Dependent children can also be included on any such applications. An EEA Family Permit would usually be issued for 5 years and allows unrestricted employment in the UK for the duration. In the final month of the Permit it may be possible to apply for Permanent Residence provided the relationship is ongoing.
Talk to us