Serious Driving Offences
Our Fees for Help in the Magistrates Court
What are the costs for Advice, Assistance and Representation for Summary Motoring Offences?
“Summary” motoring offences are those which are dealt with in the Magistrates Court. The principal “Summary” offences include:
- Driving while Disqualified
- Driving without Insurance
- Careless and Inconsiderate Driving
- Driving, or being in a charge of, a motor vehicle with concentrations of specified controlled drugs in excess of specified levels
- Failing to give information as to the identity of the driver
- Failing to stop or report an Accident and Speeding
Although the actual costs of representing you in Court will vary according to the actual circumstances of the offence, in a typical case where the offence is admitted in a local Magistrates Court we charge a fixed fee of £300 plus VAT. There may be additional costs to cover travel and medical reports, but we will advise you in advance if these are likely in your circumstances.
Our service will include a full review of your papers, preparation of comprehensive mitigation and legal argument on your behalf in the Magistrates Court. Our aim is to provide the best possible result for you. If the offence is disputed, our fees will be in the range of £1500 to £3000 + VAT. We will provide a full quotation for our services which fall outside of the fixed fee. All our Solicitors are Solicitors-Advocates with over 5 years experience and are qualified to act as supervisors in motoring matters.