DPP Law- Family Law
We specialise in:
- dealing with family breakdowns
- making (or varying) residence or contact arrangements
- emergency protection cases
- parental responsibility applications
- representation at child protection conferences
- dealing with social services both before and after proceedings.
- representation in divorce and ancillary cases
Please note our Matters Involving Children team is based in Bootle, Merseyside. We only accept instructions for this type of matter from clients who live locally, or who have proceedings at a local court.
Our specialist team is headed by Louise Fraser, a renowned expert in matters involving children. Ms. Fraser has been a member of the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority’s expert Children Panel for the past 15 years, and a practising solicitor for over 23 years. She heads a committed team of solicitors, trainee solicitors and assistants who are determined to fight for the best interests of their clients.
Our expertise and qualifications mean that we are regularly appointed by the Court to represent the Guardian in matters involving children. We are also happy to represent parents, grandparents and other concerned family members who have an interest in the child’s welfare.
Legal aid is available to qualifying applicants if we take your case on.
Legal Aid Changes
Reforms to the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders (LASPO) Act 2012, came into effect April 1st 2013. This means that many of those who would have been able to receive legal aid funding, now may not. If you wish to seek advice on this matter please contact one of our family law team experts on 0800 027 7870.
What family law services are available with legal aid funding?
• Public family law regarding protection of children (care proceedings)
• Private family law with evidence of child abuse
• Child abduction
• Representation of children in private family cases
• Legal advice in support of mediation
• Domestic violence injunction cases
• Forced marriage protection orders