Claim Time Limits
There are certain time limits when it comes to making a claim against the police. If you feel you have a claim, you should act sooner than later. Likewise if you haven’t already made a claim, there could still be time.
- Judicial Review (appealing to a court) – three months
- Discrimination – six months, less one day from the act happening
- Human Rights Act claims – one year less one day from the breach of the relevant article
- Police Complaint – one year from the act in question actually happening
- Assault, false imprisonment, trespass, negligence, malicious prosecution – three years if claiming personal injury, otherwise it’s six years